Specialist Industrial Door & Access control Engineer/ Manager
Location: Telford and travelling to customers UK wide and abroad
Reporting to: Director
Door Loading Services LTD have an exciting opportunity for a Specialist Door Access Control Engineer/Manager. This is a key role within the organisation and comes with multiple responsibilities across technical engineering, people leadership and client management. You will not only be a technical expert in this field but will also need to be a face of the business while out on client site, so it is essential you are also courteous and approachable.
- Manage installation service engineers and subcontractors.
- Issue and allocation of Installation jobs to the engineers, & subcontractors based on their knowledge, experience, and expertise.
- Team management: utilize team members to fullest potential, encourage collaboration, mitigate conflict, foster positive communication, acknowledgement, and appreciation.
- Hold each associate and sub-contractor accountable based on these expectations.
- Monitor policies for “best practices and company core value” for the door installation, service engineers & sub-contractors.
- Set installation quality standards, and follow-up to ensure standards are being met.
- Help perform door & automation installation and service.
- Work Safely and adhere to Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Liaise with the Installation, Service Engineers & subcontractors regarding materials or information requirements for either proposed jobs or jobs in progress to ensure rapid completion.
- Liaise with the director to plan overall Installations, Job activity and new business opportunities.
- Manage Supplier and Manufacturing relationships to ensure cost effective production and installations.
- Preparation of overall performance, spend and profit reports, for company record to be submitted to the director.
- Site inspections to do quality and new business inspections.
- It is expected to advise the client of any additional work required that would increase product reliability and which will stimulate additional work.
- Work with the director to establish and increase Automations systems, Access control system installations to current customers and new customers.
- The post holder is required to carry out relevant duties in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety policies.
- Support the company in striving to create a client service culture with total commitment to quality.
Experience required includes:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in manager position in Specialised Door & Access control industry.
- Minimum 3 years knowledge of experience in Installation, Service & Repairing of Industrial engineering: Roll up Doors, Roller Shutters, Fast acting Doors, Sectional Single, Sectional Foam, Wooden, Aluminium and Steel Hinged doors for Industrial, Commercial and Residential use.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Automation & access control systems.
- Ability to prioritise workload and effectively manage with excellent organisation skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to find faults and problem solve and make effective decisions.
- Ability to upskill others, encourage others and increase potential in others.
- Ability to work effectively on reporting systems.
- To have Knowledge, understanding and communication of the South-African market.
- Over 25, Full clean drivers Licence & Powered Access Licence
If this role is of interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full CV and we will be in touch if your skills align.
Start date: 19 June 2023 | Own Transport | £30,000 per annum | Permanent